F4SE won't launch with new 1.10.40 update

Sunguguy

I Also get the "Unsupported Runtime version (expected v.1.9.4). Terminal+ will be disabled." How ever my it does not give me any other warnings (such as looks menu) Is there any certain way to figure out what mods are conflicting?

you need to update transfer settlements

I am lost. And need help. I can not figure out how to make my FO4 run. Ever since this fix by Bethesda, I am screwed up...it won't load. I try loading, and it just "loads" for 10 seconds than crashes. Anybody know how to fix this? Also, how do you make F4SE run with this new fix? Another thing...when is there going to be a better way to make this work? This thing I am looking forward to is the new monorail mod. Hopefully it will get done very soon, so it will be my first DL after I figure out how to make the game work again.

Edited by yzerman19

I did not get any popup telling me it would not work until last week. When Fallout4 did a small update then I could not use the F4SE to open and play the game, I have reinstalled F4SE and still get the problem, additionally the newest mod i have is from Sims by Kinggath, can't imagine him going past F4SE gang.

Same Problem here.

I solved ist by using the normal Game Launcher and I did NOT deactivate ANY of my Mods, even the ones that require F4SE.

Playing for more than 3 hours now and everything's fine, all my Mods seemt to work withaout issues - well, except the ones that require F4SE, of course.

Edited by Bikfut50

ok, I was able to figure out what was causing this issue for me, and maybe it will help you guys. my issue was caused by having an old version of crafting highlight fix, because it DID NOT have an esp file it did not throw an error, but it did cause a ctd on start up. look through your active mods. see if you have any mods that need F4SE but don't have an esp (crafting highlights, clock widget, etc) try un-installing or up dating those, see if it fixes your issues.

ok, I was able to figure out what was causing this issue for me, and maybe it will help you guys. my issue was caused by having an old version of crafting highlight fix, because it DID NOT have an esp file it did not throw an error, but it did cause a ctd on start up. look through your active mods. see if you have any mods that need F4SE but don't have an esp (crafting highlights, clock widget, etc) try un-installing or up dating those, see if it fixes your issues.

You sir are my hero, stupid game wouldnt even start with all my mods disabled, turns out it was that crafting highlight fix. Uninstalled it and the game fired up no problem, thanks a million =)

• 2 months later...

fwiw, after upgrading to the new F4SE, iâd get the loading screen and the ENB version info and then CTD. I could lainch the game with F4SE with no mods.

My fix was to deactivate a F4SE dependent mod, reinstall it and then activate it. DEF_UI was a bit tricky (make sure you have the latest translation file), but otherwise, this method worked on all of my F4SE dependent mods, updated ot not.

Hope this helps someone :)