Mods not working

Wastew

none of the mods i have are working, they worked a while ago but all of a sudden they stoped working, do anyone have any solutions to the problem.

oh and i can't go to data files in the luncher, if anyone av any solutions to this it would be great.

i have steam and the latest version,

i know there is another topic like this one but that don't have the solution i need and it's locket.

sorry for my bad english

Thanks in advance

Blue Waste

Edited by Wastew

If plugins won't stay activated, or simply fail to work after activating them, first make sure the plugins.txt (and DLClist.txt) files, under the \Skyrim\ folder located at C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\Local Settings\Application Data\ on XP or C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Local\ on Vista/7 are writable by opening their properties and unchecking the tick mark box for "read only". Then go back into NMM and reactivate them.

Some people have issues where the mod will properly appear in plugins.txt after activating it through NMM but then as soon as they launch Skyrim, it disappears again. I've yet to find the cause for this as I don't experience it, but making plugins.txt read only again after activating plugins via NMM will prevent Skyrim from removing them and they should work. Unfortunately, you'll have to make it writable, activate plugin(s), then make it read only again every time you add another plugin in the future.

If they still won't work you may have a UAC issue. If you're on Vista/7, Steam (and therefore Skyrim) is installed in the default (C:\Program Files) location, and you're having problems with replacers or simply mods (plugins) not working at all, even though you've activated them in NMM, or mods refusing to deactivate, even though all of their files have been removed, then you most likely have a UAC problem. It is possible to turn off UAC though it's not recommended for the vast majority of Windows users. To get around UAC without turning it completely off you'll need to move Steam to a location UAC does not affect (C:\Games\ is a commonly used location). This will most likely break any 3rd party utilities such as NMM as it will leave old registry keys behind that point to the location you originally installed Skyrim in. If you come across this issue, you'll have to uninstall Skyrim, clean the old registry keys, reboot, then reinstall Skyrim. I personally recommend using Revo Uninstaller as if you uninstall Skyrim through it, it will automatically scan for and ask if you'd like to delete old registry keys. If you're interested in keeping your old mods, config files, and/or saved games, tips found in Bben's Oblivion Reinstall Procedure work for Skyrim as well.

Also, to make the "Data Files" option selectable you need to add the following line to the [Launcher] section of SkyrimPrefs.ini:

bEnableFileSelection=1

However,I highly recommend using NMM to manage your plugins and not even opening the "Data Files" section of the Skyrim Launcher.