Majorly Irritating Bug That I can't figure out

screamingabdab

I'm really hoping that someone can throw some light on why I'm getting the following bug.

I've modded a ilderness location for my settlement, it's all nav-meshed and when I initially travel there everything works fine. NPC's do what they're suppossed to, etc.

However once I've travelled away, when I fast travel back all the NPC's and my horse spawn on a rock.

Now there's no nav-mesh on the rock. I tried to fix it by putting a collision box around it, but all that caused was this -

422511_10151389984645697_708235696_23052018_1667689084_n.jpg

The horse was the last straw, I'd even put down a horse marker and it just when straight to that damn rock with the others.

I've heard a few people say they had similar events but these stopped.

I've tried deleting all associated saves and coming to the location clean without success.

Any help would be really gratefully received as this bug is the only thing stopping me putting up the next version of the mod :(

Just attempted another "fix" which totally failed.

Removed the rocky area they get spawned on, replaced it with normal land, nav-meshed it all. Set a patrol across it and the NPC walked it fine so I know for sure they can navigate into and out of the area.

But sure enough, travel away, go back and boom there they are all standing around the same spot, some inside the bloody statics. aarrgghhhh!

just.... gah meh :(

ahum... just thought.

This fast travel marker you're using, is it a new one for your mod?

You can edit those to refer to a COCMarker, to get a better placement when you TP back.

I'm not sure how the game decides to place your horse and companions though when you TP. It looks like a fairly enclosed space where you are so having the COCMarker in a more open space might help from getting them stuck.

So the 2 objects from CK are

MapMarker

COCMarkerHeading XMarkerHeading

Edited by tunaisafish

yeah the COCMarker is no where near the spawn spot for the NPC's.

going on the picture I posted, it's as far past the NPC's as my character is in the picture. and when I fast travel I spawn on the COCMarker, but my companion and horse spawn with the others.

i've tried using a horsemarker but that's doesn't make any difference.