Troll'sBuild, $500 Budget High Preformance Gaming Build (No Janky Parts.)

Sorry you didn't suggest dual 980tis, but did suggest dual 980s which is still $500 each at the time so you were suggesting I should of spent $1,000 instead of $540. So once again point still stands that I don't just have unlimited funds.

In the least I can agree with you the 2x 970s would of been potentially a better option than the 3 960s. Given the better single card performance, more RAM and ability to SLI all the cards if I went with it. And you still could of went with AMD over the 4930k if you wanted more cores an still better Price to Performance.

By the way I like this type of this discussing better, we are actually talking about stuff and not trying to lecture.

Well, the reason I posted it like that is I'm very familiar with doing system builds. Anyway, most of the info is in the above post.

With a correction - upon further checking, updated Deus Ex MD now takes up 70 GB, not 55. So there's basically room for one modern game on a 120 GB SSD, and with some of them only just. It's not just modern games; older games with even light modding take tens of GB as well. Hence the suggested fork, either get a more serious SSD or skip it.