Redesign Launch - Stage 2 in progress

Dark0ne

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2q81p41.jpg

Are you all modders? Or are you a bunch of nancies? Jesus, you poke and prod and tinker with games all day, installing mods, tweaking dll and ini files, and massaging the game engine into doing things way beyond anything its original designers intended, and yet...

A simple website change and suddenly, everybody loses their mind.

Why am I not hearing from modders who do what they do best? Innovate! Mod the crap out of the website on your browser's end if you don't like it! Figure out workarounds! Find new third-party plugins that allow you to massage the site the same way you massage the game.

Honestly, the browser solution and newfy69's answer shouldn't be the only solutions being put up. Let's do what we do best and find creative workarounds. Are we modders? Or are we mice? :tongue:

Edit: No one is suggesting you CTRL +/- every time. I set it once on Firefox, and now, whenever I visit that page, it always changes it to 80% with no input from me.

Edited by twowolves80

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You took something that was smooth, easy to navigate and worked well into something that isn't.

Very frustrated!

Probably won't be using the site much anymore. Not that anyone cares!

I'll end now before I tell you what I really think, which is extremely unpleasant!

In response to post #55959201.

twowolves80 wrote:

Are you all modders? Or are you a bunch of nancies? Jesus, you poke and prod and tinker with games all day, installing mods, tweaking dll and ini files, and massaging the game engine into doing things way beyond anything its original designers intended, and yet...

Why am I not hearing from modders who do what they do best? Innovate! Mod the crap out of the website on your browser's end if you don't like it! Figure out workarounds! Find new third-party plugins that allow you to massage the site the same way you massage the game.

Honestly, the browser solution and newfy69's answer shouldn't be the only solutions being put up. Let's do what we do best and find creative workarounds. Are we modders? Or are we mice? :tongue:

Edit: No one is suggesting you CTRL +/- every time. I set it once on Firefox, and now, whenever I visit that page, it always changes it to 80% with no input from me.

I think you've missed the point

what other website do you visit that you've had to 'mod' to get it to function how it used to?

changes are fine and good, but forced changes that reduce options are not.
it is the trend in the technology world today, not just this site.

you've identified one thing- this is a mod site for a mod community.
why can't it be MODular?

oh, and firefox keeps your zoom settings because you keep session tokens when exiting the browser. my browsers do not keep session tokens for security reasons.

I've left my suggestions in the feedback forum, anyone that agrees with scaling options should do the same.

I think I can get used to the new style and I'm glad you stuck with the dark grey theme instead of going white and pastel like nearly everyone else these days. There's two things though that I find highly inconvenient and that should be quite fixable.

-When I click on a picture on the old side it pops up to full size and pops back into the thumb nail when I click anywhere on the picture again. With the new side I have to locate the X in the upper right corner to get rid of the picture. It's quite annoying, really.

-I have to open an extra menu (Refine Results) when trying to change the category/tags while browsing files and have to manually close it again afterwards due to its size taking up half the screen. The menu was way less intrusive on the right side of the screen. I see why you will probably not want to redesign the whole search again, but would it be possible to have the options close automatically after hitting the search button?

In response to post #55959201. #55960316 is also a reply to the same post.

twowolves80 wrote:

TeHCoQ wrote: I think you've missed the point

what other website do you visit that you've had to 'mod' to get it to function how it used to?

why can't it be MODular?

oh, and firefox keeps your zoom settings because you keep session tokens when exiting the browser. my browsers do not keep session tokens for security reasons.

I've left my suggestions in the feedback forum, anyone that agrees with scaling options should do the same.

I think you missed the point where you are being provided an avenue to tell them what to improve.

In response to post #55959201. #55960316, #55962051 are all replies on the same post.

twowolves80 wrote:

TeHCoQ wrote: I think you've missed the point

why can't it be MODular?

Ethreon wrote: I think you missed the point where you are being provided an avenue to tell them what to improve.

did you miss the part where I said 'I've left my suggestions in the feedback forum'?

its not like there's any link to the feedback thread in this news article. its not clear where you're supposed to leave feedback.

you've gone out of your way to tell anyone with an issue that its their problem. not very constructive yourself. no need to police every comment. Edited by TeHCoQ

I jumped on to the nexus for the first time in months, and was very surprised to find it redesigned. And I must say I love it. I've not looked around a whole lot yet, but my initial impression was that this makes it a lot easier to figure out the requirements for a mod, and I like the design in general. It makes browsing mods, in my opinion, much more of a pleasure than it was previously.

Keep up the good work!