Anti Grinding.

Riggnarock1980

Greetings Modders

I would like to request some anti grinding.

while i enjoy playing skyrim, i dislike all the grinding, mainly for Thieves guild & Dawnguard.

so i would like to request bat files that takes care of them.

i know the is a Thieves Guild Rebuilder bat somewhere outthere, but its for the none SE version of skyrim.

Many Greetings Riggnarock

no, what im more talking about is this mod/bat, the commands start with setstage, but i wouldnt know how or where to use em

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38216/?

Hi there. What you're talking about is using the console command "setstage". Something to understand is that all quests are made up of stages. When you get a new objective in a quest it moves to a new stage. Each stage has a number, and that number is required for our console command. For example, take the quest Dungeon Delving, this is given to you by different people who want you to get something for them (such as Amren in Whiterun who wants his fathers old sword). If you head to the quest page for Dungeon Delving on the UESP here and go to the bottom you'll see the quest stages; 10, 15 and 20. When the quest starts you are on stage 10, when you pick up the target item you go to stage 15 and when you return the item you go to stage 20, which completes this quest (as you can see by the tick icon in the table).

If you download the text file in the Oldrim mod that you linked (I for the V2 version) and open it you will see the setstage command that we discussed above. The first four uses are starting each of the thieves guild reputation quests by setting the quest state with those IDs to 10 (the first state); you can see this stage by looking at any of the reputation quest pages on the UESP, such as the Markarth one. The next eight uses of the command are targeting a hidden quest, one that you can't see in the journal but is always running behind the scenes. The game begins to display the trophies in the Cistern based on this quests stage. A you grind Delvin and Vex's jobs the game automatically increments this hidden quests stage, from 10 to 80. What the mods file does is automatically set these stages to make all of the trophies appear.

So, how to use it? Firstly, the mod you linked will work fine on Skyrim SE as it just runs some console commands - these haven't changed so it will work fine. Next, extract the file out of the .zip file it came in to the Skyrim folder (where the tesv.exe and tesvlauncher.exe files are). Take note of the name (maybe rename it to something easier to remember?) then boot up the game and load your save. Once you've loaded up your save, open the console (this is the "tilde" key, top left, below the escape key) and just type:

bat myfile

Obviously "myfile" should be the filename of the text file. That will then run each command, therefor starting all four reputation quests and enabling all of the trophies in the Cistern - simple.

Edited by FinalEntity