auto equip goggles

For them to be on your head or neck, you're going to need a mesh of them on your neck or head. I don't think those are in the game, so you might have to make them. I know Elianora has some, and according to her permissions you can use them as long as you credit her.

I don't *think* the game allows for switching what mesh a given item uses, so I think you'll have to make them separate items and you should be able to switch that. Outfit Switcher changes the player's equipped items, I'm assuming via scripting. I don't know for certain, but you could try picking the mod apart and seeing if you can figure it out or reaching out to the mod author.

As far as the in and out of combat bit, I know there's some sort of event for like when combat ends or something like that. My vasaki mod uses it because I found the event in the HC Manager script for survival mode. Maybe this: https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=OnCombatStateChanged_-_Actor

Why not just use an event to equip the two different meshes? If it were me, I would use Event OnCombatStateChanged and use it to toggle which of the items is worn. ie:

Event OnCombatStateChanged(Actor akTarget, int aeCombatState)

If akTarget == PlayerREF && aeCombatState == 1; Player has changed into combat state

PlayerREF.unequipitem(goggles_around_neck_item)

PlayerREF.equipitem(goggles_on_face_item)

Elseif akTarget == PlayerREF && aeCombatState == 0; Player has exited combat state

PlayerREF.unequipitem(goggles_on_face_item)

PlayerREF.equipitem(goggles_around_neck_item)

Endif

EndEvent

Of course, if the items share the same armor slot, unequipping wouldnt need to happen as the equip item would unequip the other... and again, this is how I might do it, if it were me...

https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=OnCombatStateChanged_-_Actor

Edited by joerqc