Need help creating a mod.

Heavyfuel

Hi, so... I wanted to create a mod that decreases "Perception" of everyone (NPCs, monster and even me if it's doable) when outside at night.

I took a look at Friend of the Night perk, but it uses a "Friendofthenight quest", that uses a "Friendofthenight script" and i don't really know how to work either the quest or the script

I think i can alter the script to work only outside (Friend of the night works both in and outside), but while looking at the perk, the quest and the script, i didn't see anything regarding the SPECIALs

QUESTIONS:

- How can i alter the SPECIALs the "Friendofthenight script" to a "Perception -2" debuff, intead of the usual buff

- How can i make the script global, instead of perk related

Thanks

Hi, so... I wanted to create a mod that decreases "Perception" of everyone (NPCs, monster and even me if it's doable) when outside at night.

I took a look at Friend of the Night perk, but it uses a "Friendofthenight quest", that uses a "Friendofthenight script" and i don't really know how to work either the quest or the script

I think i can alter the script to work only outside (Friend of the night works both in and outside), but while looking at the perk, the quest and the script, i didn't see anything regarding the SPECIALs

QUESTIONS:

- How can i alter the SPECIALs the "Friendofthenight script" to a "Perception -2" debuff, intead of the usual buff

- How can i make the script global, instead of perk related

Thanks

I'm not going to be a lot of help with this, but I can answer a few of your questions.

This condition will make your script only run at night.

If GetCurrentTime >= 20.25 || GetCurrentTime <= 5.75

To get the only when outside effect you'll need to use the getinworldspace function as in.

GetInWorldspace BoulderCityWorld == 1 || GetInWorldspace FreesideFortWorld == 1 || GetInWorldspace FreesideNorthWorld  == 1

There are more world spaces you would have to include but you get the picture.

I know you asked how to change the special's without using perks, but I'm not sure how to go about that, it would be easiest with a perk I think. You just make a new ability, and add the reduce perception effect in there. Then make a new perk that uses that ability. Then use the addperk function.

addperk YourPerk 

I believe addperk requires a reference though, as in:

BuddyRef.addperk YourPerk   OR    player.addperk YourPerk

So it might not actually work for what you are trying to do.

And as far as making it effect all the actors in the world space..... I have no idea. You might try respectfully asking Cipscis, he is the master of scripting, and he's a very nice person.

I hope that helps some, and I'm sorry I couldn't help more.

Good luck and best regards,

Joshua

Thanks Joshua121 :)

I've managed to add the cells.

Now, only to make it universal and modify the specials

I'll try to contact Cipscis. Thanks for the tip

I'm glad I could help, and if you do contact Cipscis keep the "Respectfully" part in mind, he's well known and I'm sure he gets contacted A LOT, with A LOT of questions.

Best of Luck,

Joshua