CK Item Physics

citronblood

Hi all,

Just been trying me hand at modding, and ran into a bit of a bind.

So I wanted to create a clutter item, so think a cheese wheel or an apple or a sack of flour, and change its model to a character model. So maybe a goat or a mudcrab. This way, you can kind of get the illusion of having a carcass of the animal.

The thing is however, I can't simply make a new item in the CK and slap on the goat model I extracted from the Skyrim BSA, it doesn't work, even if I load the mod it just shows up as a static goat model with no collision and can't be picked up.

I looked a bit further into the goat model and I realize that is separated into the goat.nif file and the skeleton file. The skeleton file apparently holds all the collision data, while the goat model is just a model with no animations or anything.

I'm wondering now whether there is some way for me to merge the two files together and create a model that can be used a clutter model with all the physics required?

Cheers

Yes, they would do, You will need to be able to edit nif files and you can't do that in the CK. You need a program called NifSkope and you need the version called NifSkope 2.0 Pre-Alpha 6 to be able to work on SSE nifs. However, turning a creature model into a clutter model, which you are trying to do, is not easy and you may have difficulty finding tutorials to help you understand what to do. I have succeeded in doing it, but not reliably and I'm not confident that I could teach you myself. Maybe there is someone else out there?