Graphical glitch...help please!

boreal gnome 666

I am running morrowind on a mobility radeon 9000 with dell provided drivers. The problem is that world objects will seemingly randomly flicker a bright gamma overlay as the character moves about. Sometimes the whole ground will flicker on and off, of just the rocks, or just someones head. This is really frustrating because it happens so constantly that it makes the game unplayable. I have tried every imaginable combination of settings in the game and with the card, and re-installed drivers, but nothing changes. Im somewhat at a loss right now as to what to do.

You might try drivers from ATI directly. I don't know if Dell mods vid cards these days or not. Dells drivers are probably a couple versions behind the current ATI release, and I think there were some known issues with Morrowind in earlier ATI releases. You might do a search here for the tweak guide, and see if any of those settings help. Also, run dxdiag and make sure that none of you dx related files are corrupted...and update to the latest dx, 9a I think it is, if you haven't.

fellow dell user, i too have a dell...but its a inspiron 5150...anyway....your flickering problem could most likely be resolved with newer drivers, although, watch out when downloading them, it HAS TO SUPPORT your video card, if it does not, they wont change the laptop at all

Archived