is my computer strong enough to use high Res. texture pack

ACEofACE

i dont know so much about computer so i could use a advise about the high resolutionp texture pack

my computer is a intel core i7 cpu 920 2.67 Ghz 12 gb ram and Nvidia geforze GTX 285 graphic card

i use windows 7 64 bit is it good / strong enough to use the pack?

if i "can" use the high res pack without the game being slow and huge loading time isent there something about some problems with it, that can be solved with a or some mods

sry for my english

There is a mod that helps with the stutter caused by the Hi Rez pack,

gives you the benefit of the textures but uses less VRAM. Has several

options for installation:

Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized by Vano89

http://skyrim.nexusm...ile.php?id=9080

Yes there are some bugs. The above mod fixes those as well.

Edited by flummox

ok first thx for all the hlp

i cant find how much that nvidia gerforce gtx 285 graphic card has of that vram if anybody know i like to know also i any has a advise on wich of those version of that mod flummox has linket to because my lack of knowlegde and bad english dos make a little hard to tell the difrence between those 3 version of the mod

ok first thx for all the hlp

i cant find how much that nvidia gerforce gtx 285 graphic card has of that vram if anybody know i like to know also i any has a advise on wich of those version of that mod flummox has linket to because my lack of knowlegde and bad english dos make a little hard to tell the difrence between those 3 version of the mod

A quick search suggests you probably have 1 gb of VRAM on your graphic card. I have 1gb VRAM also and use the Hybrid (1024 - 2048) version of his mod.

The mod has an installer that works with Nexus Mod manager - you can switch between the different versions.

Hybrid (1024 - 2048) makes the least difference but is enough to fix the stutter for me.

Hybrid (1024 - 2048) + Vanilla Normal Maps uses even less VRAM but the textures won't be as detailed.

Full 1024 makes the biggest difference as it cuts the textures in half - but you get even less detail from the textures.

Hope that helps.

ok thx i have install hybrid 1024-2048, the is a little bit moore loading time now, but the game is a much nicer, but i have som pretty huge game crashed now where i have to restart my computer is that perharps because i need to change the version of the mod?