is my computer strong enough to use high Res. texture pack

ACEofACE

ok thx i have install hybrid 1024-2048, the is a little bit moore loading time now, but the game is a much nicer, but i have som pretty huge game crashed now where i have to restart my computer is that perharps because i need to change the version of the mod?

What version of Skyrim are you running? For Skyrim version 1.4.27 & the hybrid 1024 version you need to add HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa to your Skyrim ini (in Windows 7 you can find the ini file here: My Documents/My Games/Skyrim)

You want it to look like this:

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

Then uncheck the HighResTexturePack esps in Nexus Mod Manager plugins tab.

If you decide to try one of the other versions of the mod you won't need to edit your Skyrim ini but you still need to uncheck the esps.

Hope I'm helping and not confusing you more... Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

i haded to reinstall skyrim (long story)( i havent install that mod link to in this post) after i install skyrim again it auto dl the high res pack, then i uncheck it in the nmm option plugins as it was check in, do i still has to do this-

"What version of Skyrim are you running? For Skyrim version 1.4.27 & the hybrid 1024 version you need to add HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa to your Skyrim ini (in Windows 7 you can find the ini file here: My Documents/My Games/Skyrim)"

i play the newest version 1.526 i think its called

I don't think you will have any problem, you have an i7, the I7 are the more fast computer on the earth for now, and you have 12gig of memory, for your video card i don't know this card but you have a recent computer and for the thing i have read you can run ten more highrestexturepack, whitout any problem, but if you use other than mod of bethesda you can have problem for now...

EDIT : i have forget to say check all for updated your driver, for all nvidia too

Edited by AngeGardien