Missing Workshop Categories

wastedwandered

I've just noticed that some of the categories in my workshop have disappeared, how long for I'm not sure as I'd been scrolling straight across to use OCDecorator the last few times I'd entered the menu. I'm able to spawn items from the missing categories using console commands, so they're still in game...but it's a helluva nuisance doing it this way.

I'm assuming that a mod I've recently downloaded has changed the structure of the workshop menu. Without going into the detail of listing all my mods, I was wondering if there's a recommended way to sort the issue out. I'm not sure if going back and disabling the plugins one by one to find which one caused it is an option, or whether to play around with my load order of if NMM has some nifty button that can fix it.

Any help is much appreciated

is OCDecorator the only menu missing? missing menus are typically caused by one of two things. first is uninstalling a workshop/building mod that uses a script injected menu without properly following the uninstall procedure (ie taking an uninstall chem, using a holotape).

the other way, which OCDecorator uses i'm pretty sure, will happen if you're using more than one settlement building mod that add custom menus to the same level of the workshop menu. sorry that felt confusing typing that out haha, i'll try to explain a little better. for instance, OCD adds its menu to the main level of the workshop menu iirc- all you have to do is open the workshop and scroll all the way to the right and you'll see it. others, like the prewar/post-war sanctuary house build set add a menu to the metal menu found in Structures iirc. those two mods will work fine together since they're adding menus on different levels of the build menu.

however, if another mod you're using adds a new menu to the same level of the workshop menu, and in the same way that OCDecorator does for instance, only the one loaded lower in your load order will show up when you open up the workshop. adjusting load order so OCDecorator is loaded lower should get the OCD menu to show up again but then whatever mod was hiding OCD previously will not show up.

this is why many building mods use script injection to add new menus, despite causing missing menus for people who don't uninstall mods properly. you can add as many new menus as you like without conflict as long as you haven't reached the formID limit, as far as i know at least

is OCDecorator the only menu missing? missing menus are typically caused by one of two things. first is uninstalling a workshop/building mod that uses a script injected menu without properly following the uninstall procedure (ie taking an uninstall chem, using a holotape).

the other way, which OCDecorator uses i'm pretty sure, will happen if you're using more than one settlement building mod that add custom menus to the same level of the workshop menu. sorry that felt confusing typing that out haha, i'll try to explain a little better. for instance, OCD adds its menu to the main level of the workshop menu iirc- all you have to do is open the workshop and scroll all the way to the right and you'll see it. others, like the prewar/post-war sanctuary house build set add a menu to the metal menu found in Structures iirc. those two mods will work fine together since they're adding menus on different levels of the build menu.

however, if another mod you're using adds a new menu to the same level of the workshop menu, and in the same way that OCDecorator does for instance, only the one loaded lower in your load order will show up when you open up the workshop. adjusting load order so OCDecorator is loaded lower should get the OCD menu to show up again but then whatever mod was hiding OCD previously will not show up.

this is why many building mods use script injection to add new menus, despite causing missing menus for people who don't uninstall mods properly. you can add as many new menus as you like without conflict as long as you haven't reached the formID limit, as far as i know at least

Thanks for the reply, I probably didn't word it to well...OCDecorator is still there, it's some of the other categories I skipped over to get there that are missing. I understand what you mean about the workshop menus, and I think that's where I've created my problem. I had a few that seemed to play well together and add the own categories either side of the regular categories like OCD, Commonwealth Pizza, SOE Basement living, as well as SKE which some of the mods would go under. The main one I've noticed missing that I swear added a category is Renovated Furniture. It'd been a while since I'd really used anything other than OCD and I know in that time I've downloaded a few others like Better Stores and Old World Radio so no doubt I've created a mess of the menu somewhere. It sounds like it'll be an afternoon of playing with my load order until things look right again :/

Thanks for the reply, I probably didn't word it to well...OCDecorator is still there, it's some of the other categories I skipped over to get there that are missing. I understand what you mean about the workshop menus, and I think that's where I've created my problem. I had a few that seemed to play well together and add the own categories either side of the regular categories like OCD, Commonwealth Pizza, SOE Basement living, as well as SKE which some of the mods would go under. The main one I've noticed missing that I swear added a category is Renovated Furniture. It'd been a while since I'd really used anything other than OCD and I know in that time I've downloaded a few others like Better Stores and Old World Radio so no doubt I've created a mess of the menu somewhere. It sounds like it'll be an afternoon of playing with my load order until things look right again :/

hmm unfortunately i'm not sure how much i'll be able to help then. i'd say i'm pretty familiar with workshop/building mods in general but a couple that i don't really know much about are SKE and Workshop Rearranged. what version of SKE are you using though? if it's the scripted version, i wouldn't think that'd be the cause unless you're possibly using some outdated patches for other mods to use the SKE menu. the SKE description says that Old World Radio is fully integrated with SKE so should be located there.

Better Stores and SOE both add new menus using a script so shouldn't be causing problems. Better stores should be found at the end of the Decorations menu. SOE menus can be found at the end of Structures, Furniture, Decorations, and Power (i think that's all).

Basement living items should be able to be found in the Special menu. Not sure about commonwealth pizza.

Renovated furniture does not add a custom menu. there is a patch for it to work with SKE but i'm not sure how up to date that is. though aesfocus has mentioned she's considered adding a custom menu for her mod, all items should be in the various vanilla Furniture menus. would probably need to see your full load order, or at least all your settlement related mods, if it's still happening though