save file starting to corrupt

hector530

my "main" character save is starting to corrupt. it will fails to load from main menu, fails to load between cells(loading screens)and fail to load from a different character save. my other two character load fine, play fine and save fine. i checked my save files and the broken character's save files range from 18,000kb to 20,000. the characters that do work range from 4k to 7k. i know early save files, skyrim 1.0 files like this one would sometimes corrupt and starting becoming large files and start lagging or freezing. the file has 200+ hours and was started on release.

so my question is should i load a previous save that didnt balloon to almost a 20mb file or just start a new game so it wont re-corrupt if i ever play this character to 200+ hours or is there some way to fix this?

edit 20mb not 2mb

Edited by hector530

I had the same problem today, after trying to load my saves for half hour i went to my skyrim saves folder and searched for any save that has .bak at the end...luckly my quicksave was backedup...so i copied the bak file and renamed it to quicksave.ess..solved my problem..maybe it helps.

It's 2012 yo, learn how to share files without all the hassles already, lulz. If you can't do that then .rar it an email it to meh.

Oh you can also try a few variations of loading privious or different saves in order to get the partialy or fully corupted save to load just once, in order to press Esc an create a new save, thus fixing it. You can also mix into this a load camera spin fast travel, pause, load the corupted save. Then if you will load a save that works, then exit out into the main menu, then loading your corupted save. Load a game get killed, load your corupted. Basicly randomly trying anything to get it to load that one time.

Edited by GrindedStone