Rolling Back to 1.10.40.0 So F4SE Works

JackArbiter

Someone on steam said this was posted somewhere on the Internet for tonight's update but they helpfully did not provide links and I can't find it. I figured this out after an annoying amount of time, so I figured I'd put it here.

Do this at your own risk. The F4SE folks disable F4SE for new versions so that you don't screw your saves up. But seeing as the updates were some reflection bug and some XBOX stuff, go for it if you don't mind having to possibly roll back to a save before you take these steps. Do not forget to make a backup of your exe.

First thing you might want to do, make sure steam is running, set yourself to offline mode, go to properties of Fallout 4 and make sure it's set to only update on launch. That way when you launch through F4SE it won't try to overwrite the old file you're using.

Follow the instructions listed here exactly, starting at step 5, and going until at least step 9, using my info for step 6:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/611h5e/guide_how_to_download_older_versions_of_a_game_on/

Info for step 6: download_depot 377160 377162 9105915958081115649

When you move fallout.exe you can also right click on it, go to properties>details, and make sure it says the correct version.

Note to people in the future: the 9105915958081115649 number is only for 1.10.40.0. If you need to roll back to a later version, follow steps 1-4 of the guide to find the longass number you want. The first two numbers will always be the same for fallout.exe.

p.s. Don't get shot in the ass.

Edited by JackArbiter