I get Frostfall error: Profile read-write failed. Please help me to fix it!

pragon977

"The error says -

Frostfall failed to read/write from your profile, which is required. This is likely due to not having folder permissions to

Skyrim/Data/SKSE/Plugins. Try creating FrostfallData folder yourself inside Skyrim/Data/SKSE/Plugins or try to run as administrator."

Inside the plugins folder, there is the campfireData, and the FrostfallData folder, which has one text file each name 'READ_THIS_PLEASE_AND_DO_NOT_DELETE.txt'. There is also 'StorageUtil.dll' in the Plugins folder. Is there any problems with the file/folder structure? If so, could you tell me how to fix it. And also, please try to give some other solutions as well.

I have the same problem but inside my Plugins folder I have Campiredata and Frostfalldata folders but both of them are empty no files exist within them.

Side note - RIght before encountering this problem I had installed wearable lanters mod and I had the same problem with this too. But then I just uninstalled it. I even changed the permission under users administrator etc all of the Allow check boxes are ticked off.

Edited by TechRain

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...