3d models of helmet and weapon for possible mod use

Gilradir

I recently created, as the title suggests, 3d models of a helmet and a weapon, because I wanted a visual reference for the stuff my pen&paper character wears. Imagination is nice and all, but often a bit vague. At least mine is.
Since I didn't find anything I was really happy with, I decided to learn how to 3d model in Blender and create them myself.

Specifically, I created a Glaive and a sort of Barbute with a Visor, integrated padded cap and mail aventail. I'll let the images do the rest of the talking :smile:

https://imgur.com/gallery/MWbmP

And now for my problem: I'd very much like to have these items available in Skyrim, but I have no idea how to create mods for Skyrim or even what would be required of meshes and textures for a mod and don't really have the time and motivation to learn all that. So if any of you would like take existing models and put them in a mod, I would happily provide the necessary files.

I'm currently working on a house/manor/estate mod. I'm close to finishing, its the first mod ive ever made so ive had to research every step of the way. after looking at the pics provided id be interested in placing them into the mod in some way. ill do some research tonight to find out what I have to do and if I can do it. if I can would it be ok if I placed them into the mod somewhere. I was kinda thinking maybe expanding one of the hidden rooms I have built and maybe put a hidden offshoot in it and have the items hid there, with a few small notes hidden around the estate. I love the look of what you've done, it would fit in with the game without looking like master yoda has come to teach the way of the voice. if I can do it and you agree to allow me to do it, ill let you know as soon as I goes up and if after you try it you don't like the mod it has been placed in let me know and id pull the mod off nexus and remove your items before returning my work to nexus.

Sure, that sounds great!
The mesh of the glaive should be pretty much ready for use in Skyrim, but with the helmet I didn't manage to reduce the poly-count and convert them into tris without it getting pretty ugly, so you'd have to adjust that.
Just write me again when you want to have the files.

as I said ive got to do some research, I tried to find something last night but had no joy, this is my very first mod. its a house/ estate mod up in the sea of ghosts or what ever its called just off the coast of dawnstar. its got a farm house with a hidden treasury a mine with all the ore veins in it, a guard house, an exterior armoury, grave yard, with a hidden door. its got a fish hatchery, and some appairies, there is a small hidden room with all standing stones inside. ive been working today on another hidden room, which is a Nordic ruin/crypt. I was thinking of placing it in there, so people would have to look to find it, then fight through a custom dragon priest, a custom death lord (lvl150) as well as other death lords and skeletons. I thought that would allow for a little back story to the sword and shield and also mean players would have to explore to find the ruins/crypt and then have a tough fight on their hands. rather than just give that away.

the main house on the estate has everything the dragon born could use.

once ive found a tutorial on how to do it, ill make a rubbish just for fun piece of equipment just to practise with. I think the work you've done would fit in and it should be out there for people to use, but I didn't want to just give it away. as I said before it looks like it should be in skyrim, so would like to make it so the player has to work to get it. that way others who don't create mods wont just get some equipment and don't respect the fact of the work you've put in. this will make the player respect the sword because they would have had to work for it.

as I said before ill let you know when I'm gonna release the mod so you can try it out, if you want something changed or the weapon and/or the helmet to be removed itll be done.

@benn446

That sounds quite ambitious and impressive! I don't really care how you put it in there, I just think it would be cool if my stuff was in any mod. Just don't change the shape too much and mention me somewhere in the mod description or something and you're good.

@ToasterKid

What do you mean by participate? I'm pretty much at the limit of my ability with the assets currently, so I would happily give you all the files I have for them and you can include them in your project. As I wrote to Ben, not changing them too much and a mention is all I ask. But I'm not sure I have the time, motivation or ability to participate in a big project like that, I'm sorry :confused: