Interior textures disappeared!

JD1

Hi,

This bug started suddenly today with no new mods added, I loaded a save game and when I go inside a building or house the textures inside are grey and black and there are no objects.

Sometimes when I go back outside the game even CTD, so basically I can't play Skyrim at the moment. :wallbash:

I play with SKSE and my game's version is 1.4.27, anyone had this issue before?

• 1 month later...
I am having the same issue, started just after I fought Movarth the vampire, there are only a few floor meshes left and if I walk off them i fall into a void of nothing and get reset back to the doorway. I'm downloading some new interior textures to see if that solves the problem. If it persists Ill go to backup saves, and if i cant fix it I cant play Skyrim anymore either -_-. That would suck. I hope this is easily fixed.

Try verifying local game content, defragging your game via Steam, re-installing, updating your drivers, and do you have any mods installed?

Mods that change a lot of textures (houses, new buildings etc) tend to mess up the meshes. I also hav a couple of dungeons with walls anf floors missing.....also happened in the Blue Palace. After some loads and entering the palace in windowed mode fixed the palace for me. As to the dungeons, never set foot on them again....so far....

I believe I am having the same problem. Certain interior cells have begun to look like so(http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=skyrim%20interiors%20missing%20walls&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CFwQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DdE1u0gWq3gY&ei=E12rT4-SNYyc8gSzpNUa&usg=AFQjCNHO32DQXacwopH1UTTy06jTulLxnA&cad=rja).

This just started happening in the past week, and it seems to be happening more frequently. It started with my thief, in Honeyside and in one level of the quest to find the skeleton key. I double checked on my assassin, and Honeyside is not having those problems for him. It did however just now creep up in the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary. I did try the console resetinteriors and pcb commands, and neither seem to have done anything for me.

I did try to turn off the two house mods I have, and now my game won't even start *grin*

I'm going to try Xotana's suggestion now.

UPDATE: So I got the problem fixed, but unfortunately for the scientific method, I tried several things at once so I can't pinpoint the problem.

I turned off Ranger Ridge (.esm and .esp), and Sebreeze Estate (.esp only I think), my two new houses. I also turned off a series of craftable crowns/helms I downloaded to work with Apachii's hair a long time ago. I've never actually used the mod, so I turned it off more for that purpose, but I wanted to mention everything.

At that point I ran SKSE and it gave me an error and wouldn't even turn on. I then verified local content with Steam, it found one missing file (I don't think it said which). Then I defragmented, but that was instantly done, so I possibly didn't need it. I then started the game (auto-saved into the location giving me the problem, in case that is relevant) and everything seems fine. Hopefully this can help someone else in the future.

Edited by WhyteTyger

Happened more than once to me but I was always able to fix it. If you're running vanilla just download some new texture packs for the area missing the meshes and it should work fine, if you're using mods make sure there aren't any conflicting lighting and interior mods, that seems to be what was causing the majority of my issue. Happy to say its been solved, hope that the same will work for the rest of you! :thumbsup:

@missing meshes/textures in 'interior' locations. This has happened to me several times. I find that if I quit the game, (without saving), reload, and reenter, the 'problem' interior is now fine.

• 8 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I was looking for a solution and this came up.

Happened more than once to me but I was always able to fix it. If you're running vanilla just download some new texture packs for the area missing the meshes and it should work fine, if you're using mods make sure there aren't any conflicting lighting and interior mods, that seems to be what was causing the majority of my issue. Happy to say its been solved, hope that the same will work for the rest of you! http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

This helped pinpoint the problem for me. I had a mod that was altering interior lighting. When I turned the option off for that mod, the location I had the problem with, was fixed.

(Weird though, I only had it occurring in one location that I found - the White Phial in Windhelm. The 'offending' mod was Window Shadows with the Enhancer turned on. Turned the Enhancer off and it came good).

Edited by SeeEmilyPlay