Brawl & Magic

Vortaka

Hi! After so much time wasted trying to figure out what was wrong, I think I understand a little but I don't seem to be able to do anything about it...

Here's the situation:

I'm using a detect life ring (mm detect life ring or something) and everything is good except when a brawl happen... (Or Vilkas or his brother wants to test you). As far as I can understand, since this is a brawl, you cannot use magic but since mm detect life is magic (and it runs continuously in the back every five seconds) after you throw the first punch, your opponent wants to do a real fight... (You do not use any attack magic but, it's still magic, I guess!)

Is there a way to change that? To make that "spell" bypass the brawl detection?

Any ideas welcomed!

(I have an old save game directly at the mare (Mikael the bard, anyone?) so redoing things isn't hard!)

Thanks!

Edited by Vortaka

Resolved!!! (I solved it, in a way!!!)

There's s script that is called when the player (you) uses magic in a brawl: DGIntimidateAliasScript.

Just below the Event OnMagicEffectApply(ObjectReference akCaster, MagicEffect akEffect) line (which tells you "what happens when you use magic") just put the line GetOwningQuest().SetStage(150) as a remark ";".

So that if YOU use magic in a brawl, it doesn't do a thing! (Or simply rem the entire section if you want).

So yes, in a way, you CAN cast damaging magic during brawl with that... but that's just lame!