We need a FO4 VR dedicated section

SharraShimada

Fallout VR is out, and beside the fact, i do not own it (nor planing to), i appreciate the work, modders put into it.

But: while incompatible with the non-VR version, VR-mods are 100% useless for everone else, but cluttering the "normal" section. Its like making mods for a complete different game, and putting it together with another games mod list. It makes no sense at all.

So i suggest to open a Fallout4 VR section on Nexusmods, like its done with Skyrim Extended.

This yould be easier for everyone. Non-VR gamers wont see mods they can´t use, and VR-gamers have a place to look for mods, running with the game.

Fallout VR is out, and beside the fact, i do not own it (nor planing to), i appreciate the work, modders put into it.

But: while incompatible with the non-VR version, VR-mods are 100% useless for everone else, but cluttering the "normal" section. Its like making mods for a complete different game, and putting it together with another games mod list. It makes no sense at all.

So i suggest to open a Fallout4 VR section on Nexusmods, like its done with Skyrim Extended.

This yould be easier for everyone. Non-VR gamers wont see mods they can´t use, and VR-gamers have a place to look for mods, running with the game.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/categories/62/

The problem is that while what you say it's true, some VR specific mods won't work for the normal version, the opposite is also true, lot's of existing mods for the normal version work in VR, and some that don't might only need a small optional file to do so.

What I'm trying to say is that porting everything that works to the new site would be a pain in the arse, the VR category that's already added is necesary for mods that would add VR patches alongside the normal version. You could argue that the VR only mods should go on the new site, but then VR players like myself would have to keep going to two different sites to get mods and on top of that nexusmods will have to maintain yet another page.

To be honest I don't think VR only mods will clutter or be a problem, it will be a small number of them and you can filter them out. If you see a mod that says VR, just ignore it. It's not a complete different game after all, and as a VR player I preffer it the way it is now.

Edited by aoikun