Oblivion crashes on Fast Travel or Going through doors.

TerraMcCloud

Alrighty after doing all the mod cleaning and getting a fresh bash patch. Im happy to say that the crashes no longer occur! Thanks for all the help everyone! :D

I dont know why, but oblivion is becoming crash happy to me. When a few days ago, I was playing oblivion with the same exact mods and such, and it would work fine with no crashing at all, and it doesnt crash on a new character or my alternate character, just my main one. The crashing happens when I go through doors/city gates and when I fast travel to any location. Help?

Hi, just to make sure (I did not see anyone else mentinod it), turn off all autosave functions (game options menu). Autosaves are the most common reason for your initial problem.

hey i dunno if u still have the issue, but i had similar problems, it was because of too much memory loaded at the same time (RAM). there are more than 1 tools to make oblivion run smoothly using more ram, but an easy way would be to try and edit your .ini file found in: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\My Games\Oblivion there u find a file called Oblivion.ini

and if u open it with the text editor, u can change things like:

uGridDistantTreeRange=60

uGridDistantCount=60

uGridsToLoad=7

when u lower the numbers behind the "=" the less will be loaded - the less RAM is used and maybe that can help you to fix the crash problem. if it doesnt help, im sorry :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...