ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Steam Update stopped SKSE from working

spill50

Hi Guys,

Steam has just installed the new update to my Skyrim install and now SKSE doesn't work. Some mods and my game save relies on SKSE so it warns me I'll loose stuff if I load the save. I have SKSE 1.4.13 installed. I tried the Beta build 1.4.14 which is compatible with runtime 1.5.24.0 but Skyrim is now on runtime 1.5.24.0.5 and so still doesn't work.

I don't know how quickly SKSE get updated as I've only had the game a week. So any advise on how to get Skyrim up and running again would be great. Is there a way of removing the update?

SKSE 1.4.14 should be compatible with Skyrim 1.5.24.0.5. I just got updated and tested a few things out - the game runs just as good as before.

It could be other mods that are conflicting with the new update. What do you have installed?

If, by chance, I am just lucky and SKSE doesn't actually work with the new Skyrim update, it does get updated very quickly. So nothing to worry about there.

As far as I can tell I only have 2 mods that require SKSE

Categorized Favorites Menu

main menu wallpaper replacer HD 1080p now with randomizer

I will try installing SKSE again. Is it just the 2 files that I need to delete when removing the old version?

skse_1_4_27.dll and skse_loader.exe

I'm guessing by disabling the above mods I wont loose any of my actual game progress. I have a backed up version of my saves folder from just before Skyrim updated.

OK I have SKSE working. I didn't replace skse_steam_loader.dll with the new one. DOH!

However I'm still getting the message about loosing stuff when loading my game.

I did update Categorized Favorites Menu to the latest version. Could this be causing the problem?

Yeah, thanks for the help anyway.

I bit the bullet and just loaded my game I think it was the Categorized Favorites Menu as I dont have my equipsets anymore.

At least it was nothing major :)

Thanks

• 1 month later...
My problem is Norton Sonar removing the updated skse_loader.exe. It's notorious for false positives, so probably some information online on how to deal with it.