Functioning typewriters

RhalexDoesMods

So, I just recently got the house at Megaton (hooray for not blowing everyone up), and decided to buy the Vault theme from Moira.

It looks amazing, at least for me, and I noticed that I have a typewriter in the bedroom. My mind went '**** YEAH LET'S USE IT' but then got disappointed when you can't use it.

So, I thought 'Hey, this could be a mod of itself!'. And here I am, requesting that someone make a mod to make the typewriters functional.

Yes it's an interesting idea but what would you be able to do with it?

Well, for me, I like using the typewriter to make short stories, usually stories that are 10 paragraphs long, so I'd want to be able to do that, and probably add a feature where you can 'publish' your stories to the Wasteland by selling it to a vendor in the main cities (Megaton, Rivet City etc.)

Unfortunately, it is not technically possible, to my knowledge, to type text and have it somehow saved into an object.

Huh, is that so. What about a GUI that lets you choose what you'll 'write', and the item that gets placed to your inventory is dependent on your Intelligence?

So, if you have 7 on Intelligence, you'll either make a 'Short Story', 'Novel' or 'Letter to (random NPC name or spouse)'.