Promoting my Forsworn Faction Mod Methods

Malanity333

I feel like my mod has progressed and has the potential for higher DL numbers, ratings, and comments; but I believe it is in the shadows behind other mods and those who would download it if they saw it simply do not come across it.

I searched a bit, but I did not quite find any particular manner which to promote my mod aside from the mods pages on Steam and Nex.

Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=15401

Nexus - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=12436

Can anyone direct me to methods to promote or direct attention to my mod, perhaps get a review?

Awesome to see you got those world encounters working! I know that was one of the main things you wanted to add. Its also the biggest thing changing your mod from a boatload of potential into actual added game play :D

As far as re-introducing your mod now that it has a lot of new content.. I'm not sure. This is why a lot of mods wait until they're near complete to release, since on here after the first day or week, if you don't have a bunch of followers or your mod put up on the most hot files, you're pretty much screwed.

Listen to others that post first, I haven't even put up a mod since I don't feel any are ready yet, I do, however, have some thoughts.

You could release a questline/quest pack as a 'sequel' type thing, that either requires your old mod, or improves it. This would get you back out there, and also put the emphasis on something you can actually go and do, versus something that relies on your own creativity to get into... if you get my meaning. This could be as simple as a completely clue and written note based quest (Don't knock it till you've played through: The Lost Legend of Captain Sharphook) Something to get people drawn into playing the faction besides just curiosity.

Also, have you made it to where there are alternate ways to get into the faction other than the big drawn out markarth quest? this might be a big barrier to entry for people. "Oooh if I want to play this on any character I have to do that big quest again?!?"

You probably don't need it, but here's some inspiration for a related story if you like lol, just look for my posts on this thread: Skyrim Fan Fiction Library

Finally, I wouldn't think this is the greatest place to post any such thing, it's mostly modders and people with mod troubles, so like 1/4 of 1% or less of people that come looking to download stuff on the nexus.

Good promo video though!

I appreciate the reply man. I took into consideration and implemented your idea for multiple paths you can take to join the Forsworn, including a few no quest quick join by reading a book or using a scroll I added. Ya not really sure where its going, Id really like to join or create a mod crew though, ha. I could use some help (broad), or am willing to help. I may begin an Imperial Legion Faction Pack pretty soon, have a few ideas and I am more comfortable with CK now, should be more composed, ardent, and organized.

To improve your download count, make sure that your file is properly tagged and classified. Like if yours is a faction mod, be sure that it is in the guild and faction category and has tags for all of its main features. So if someone performs a category search or a tag search, they will see you mod on the list.

You might want to upload to additional places besides TES Nexus and Steam so that more people will see you mod. Planet Elder Scrolls and TES Alliance are probably the second and third most popular sites. Although TES Nexus is the very best place to upload and will get you the most downloads. But if you upload your mod to lots of sites, it will be a pain maintaining all of them each time you update.

You might want to change your signature block on TES Nexus forums so that it has a link to your mod. That way, every time you make a post, you are advertising your mod.