Patch 1.5 Shadow bug

wowyogurt

Nope, crash still. SKSE crashes immediately whereas Skyrim main lets me load the menu and then crashes when I try to load or start a game.

Maybe the problem is that under Graphics Adapter it says 8800gs? I don't have an option to have it use my actual video card (which is the same as yours). How did you fix that?

If you have an nvida card with AO enabled disable it because AO is broken buy patch 1.5 , also what is your fShadowBiasScale= set to mine was very low and it caused lines on textures and flickering of shadows , i have now set it to fShadowBiasScale=1.0000 and all seems fine , also are any of you running any graphics mods like injectors or ENB ?

I use a Radeon 3870.

The only mods I have are some extra weapons and armour, along with deadly dragons. I tried turning them off but surprise surprise they didn't affect the shadows.

Tried the fShadowBiasScale=1 thing, didn't change anything. Still get flickering shadows and lines everywhere. Terrrrrrrrrible.

Edited by Naelok

• 3 months later...

Hey, just a heads up. I found a solution to the Skyrim 1.5+ shadow issue that does not require turning off shadows completely.

Open SkyrimPrefs.ini in ...\My Documents\My Games\Skyrim and change "bDeferredShadows=1" to "bDeferredShadows=0"

No other settings need to be touched.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, just a heads up. I found a solution to the Skyrim 1.5+ shadow issue that does not require turning off shadows completely.

Open SkyrimPrefs.ini in ...\My Documents\My Games\Skyrim and change "bDeferredShadows=1" to "bDeferredShadows=0"

THANK YOU

this fixed it all the way for me and i love you for that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(i have spend an entire week looking on forums and stuff for a solution to this and this is the only thing that has fixed it)

have a cookie :D

Awesome!!

This totally worked. I can play Skyrim again :)

• 2 weeks later...

It totally worked. Thanks for your clever solution!!!! :thumbsup:

• 2 years later...

Sorry for bumping a completely old post, but in my SkyrimPrefs.ini, I can't find the "bDefferedShadows" only "iBlurDefferedShadowMask" Is it this? Or am I not seeing the right one?