Deserted Riftin Stables

BrettM

I fast-traveled back to Riften Stables as I often do rather than going directly into Riften. I found the place deserted except for the carriage guy. No Hrofgrir, no Shadr, no guard at the gate, and a Khajiit camp with no Khajiit. The usual saddled and unsaddled Riften horses are there, and also one saddled horse from Katla's Farm. (I don't own any horses, so this can't be the bug where you buy a second horse in Solitude to replace a dead one and it shows up at Riften stables. This one offers the option to steal it, while I can borrow the saddled Riften horse since I befriended Shadr.)

The Khajiit camp disappeared a couple of trips later, so perhaps they'll show up again at their next stop. I'll check Dawnstar next time I get a chance. Everyone else is still missing.

It's possible this is somehow my fault. A couple of days ago -- before the 1.5 patch -- Hrofgrir and Shadr were both killed in a dragon attack and I did a console resurrect on them so I wouldn't be forever precluded from buying a Riften horse. A couple of guards got killed, but I didn't rez them, and the Khajiit were present, but none got killed. Everything seemed fine on subsequent trips back to the stables until today.

How screwed am I now, and is there anything to be done about it?

Maybe if you use deadly dragon and you are at an high level a Aspect of alduin can have annihilate all the resident of the stable, or maybe if you use WiS some villian has attacked the stable, or maybe both if you use both the mods :)

See if they are still about or dead by opening the console and typing the following for Hofgrir Horse-Crusher

prid 19DFE <press return>

moveto player <press return>

See if that brings him to you (if he's alive he'll be there)

For Shadr:

prid 19E00 <press return>

If not resurrect before the prid

resurrect <press return>

prid {NPC code} <press return>

I went to Riften recently and Balimund, Ingunn & Maven Black-Briar, Brynolf, Wujeeta, Marise and Sapphire were all missing. Nowhere to be seen during the day or night or in their homes or the Inn. did the above on each one and they return to their normal locations.

Edited by Anya29