Custom Helmet Issue

Alright let me first start off by saying that I don't normally do work with 3D models directly, I usually only retex vanilla items but I'm working on a mod that required something a little more. I found a hood with an open face on the nexus but it wasn't playable, and it doesn't look like anyone has done anything with it yet, so I got all the necessary items to get Blender and NifSkope running.

After a bunch of trial and error (and a bunch of googling) I got some headgear to look the way I want it. It looks good in Nifskope and the GECK, but in game it's not only sideways but it's got some distance from the PC. I tried the Update FaceGen Model Availability in the GECK as well as the FNVEdit fix which are the ONLY two solutions I've found for the sideways headgear issue but neither of them have done anything to fix the problem. I know that usually sideways headgear is relatively close to the PC's shoulder and not like a foot away. If anyone can provide a little insight to this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

As this is the first mod I've worked on to this extent if the problem can be solved without a screenshot that would be preferred. Thanks in advance!

I decided to attach a screenshot of the issue, just to kind of clarify.

EDIT: Started over, now the headgear crashes my game when I try to equip it. If anyone is interested in looking at the .nif file and can tell me what I need to do to fix it that would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by k4tonic