Alternate Civil War ending needed

wdrewjr

SSE wont have all the same available mods that normal Skyrim does, and many mod authors arent around anymore but have their mods open to public still so I plan to stick to normal Skyrim for that reason....

Anyhow....I'd love to see this mod concept idea for a 3rd ending involving the Thalmor side get made....for BOTH SSE and normal Skyrim...

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I had some small ideas for how this mod could work, you know how Ulfric's claim came form "challenging Torygg to fair combat."? What if, as one scenario, you side with the Stormcloaks, and then, as soon as Ulfric takes the throne, you challenge him as he did Torygg? it would be a small option that would basically just mean adidng on to that side of the war. Whereas if you side with the imperials you co mplete the war in their favor, rally the defeated Stormcloaks, convince them and the other factions potentia.lly to follow you, and strike back against the empire. and of course since yo u're the Dragonborn another option could be to use this to assert your claim to the imperial throne. If you did the Dark Brotherhood questline this owuld be simple as the Empire already has a power vacume. but if you did Destroy the Dark Brotherhood you have to challenge the claim of the Mede Dynasty maybe killling or exiling them. Another option coul dbe to start in Whiterun, talk to Balgruf about formingyour own faction and either establish yourself as the ruler afterwards and/or completely reform Skyrim in to a loosely organized panarchist confederation based around voluntaryism and polycentric law

Edited by tnu

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

kill Ulfric and become High King?? that's not how it works. since the High King is already dead, there is no monarch. u kill Ulfric, u will have the entire rebel side of Skyrim after ur head. same goes with Elisif. u kill her, the Empire side of Skyrim will be after ur head. how I see it, is Skyrim should go into peace. talk about splitting Skyrim into 2. Western Skyrim (Imperial) and Eastern Skyrim (Stormcloak) and Whiterun hold will be the DMZ of the 2 territories. OR it could be a compromise; Skyrim would be independent, Ulfric would be on the throne *because Elisif would just be a puppet to the empire and Skyrim would be unofficially still be part of the Empire* BUT, Skyrim will be an ally of the Empire. have trade, open borders, a defensive alliance. the thing is, the Empire may lose Skyrim, which is the biggest source of silver for their government, but that's about it. they would still have the nords to be there to fight along side the imperial legion as a separate army. the only thing lost is the money they get. Skyrim has always been self sufficient. having its own food, soldiers, trade, tax, government system. plus, it would mean more imperial troops garrisoned in Cyrodiil which means itll be more difficult for the dominion to take Cyrodiil. Skyrim will be able to use its silver that its able to keep now that the Empire isn't taking it away and sending it to the Imperial City, and use it to fund its economic and military build up. plus, the title of High King would actually mean something other than "Imperial Puppet"

OK, I had some small ideas for how this mod could work, you know how Ulfric's claim came form "challenging Torygg to fair combat."? What if, as one scenario, you side with the Stormcloaks, and then, as soon as Ulfric takes the throne, you challenge him as he did Torygg? it would be a small option that would basically just mean adidng on to that side of the war. Whereas if you side with the imperials you co mplete the war in their favor, rally the defeated Stormcloaks, convince them and the other factions potentia.lly to follow you, and strike back against the empire. and of course since yo u're the Dragonborn another option could be to use this to assert your claim to the imperial throne. If you did the Dark Brotherhood questline this owuld be simple as the Empire already has a power vacume. but if you did Destroy the Dark Brotherhood you have to challenge the claim of the Mede Dynasty maybe killling or exiling them. Another option coul dbe to start in Whiterun, talk to Balgruf about formingyour own faction and either establish yourself as the ruler afterwards and/or completely reform Skyrim in to a loosely organized panarchist confederation based around voluntaryism and polycentric law

no. use Ulfric and then challenge him will make u High King, but it will also make u hated by the people. they will say ur no better than the thalmor and s#*!. I say, take the Ruby Throne in Cyrodiil. because the throne is meant for the dragonborn originally. Tiber Septims original rule that was removed by other emperors. but if I was Emperor, Id let Skyrim be its own nation. just go into diplomacy. let them have independence in return for open trade, open borders, and a defensive alliance

• 4 months later...

I wish you could pick neither sides . As archmage I would like to take all the mages into battle and defeat both sides and then appoint mages and jarls . I want to be in charge of all of tamriel muah hahaha

Now...THIS... I can get behind easily! Especially as I am 90% of the time a strong magic user!