Noisy waterfalls

MarkInMKUK

Now, I don't know about you - but when I'm sneaking through a cave, I'm relying on all my senses to watch out for something sneaking up on me. Which is fine, apart from ... WHY don't waterfalls make noise?!?! That much water landing from a height is darn noisy in real life, and would not only make the sound of a footstep totally inaudible (for me OR for the inhabitants) but would also make conversations hard to overhear. (I'll allow subtitles as that can be taken as an implication of lip reading ability maybe)

So ... can someone make the waterfalls, both interior AND exterior, have that "muted thunder" we all know really exists. In fact, it has to be said that the whole "water noise" concept is VERY muted in Skyrim, and leads to oddities like hearing rain falling onto a waterfall. Also, is there a way to then adjust whatever the npc perceived noise level is so that they don't still respond to a dropped pin while I'm being nearly deafened?

Over to the clever people...

(Edit for typos)

Edited by MarkInMKUK

I decided not to do anything with this, since I would have needed to install and learn a new program for editing .wav sounds, sorry for not telling you. I forgot about this request.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds of Nature: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=4226

Makes them much louder. Give it a try. Not quite as loud as should be, but trust me this makes a positive difference.

Thanks for the suggestion. It's made a huge difference in immersion ... now if only it stopped the enemies hearing the slightest footfall too...