So I tried overclocking for the first time...

Delikatessen

I just monitored the temp for twelve hours while playing games, watching movies and letting it idle for an hour, and the lowest (Idle) temp was around 40 Celsius and the highest was 68. The max temp for my processor is 65. Not over by that much, but it's still something I have to fix. I think I might apply some new thermal paste.

I just monitored the temp for twelve hours while playing games, watching movies and letting it idle for an hour, and the lowest (Idle) temp was around 40 Celsius and the highest was 68. The max temp for my processor is 65. Not over by that much, but it's still something I have to fix. I think I might apply some new thermal paste.

not to worry, 65-70 is cool enough for a quad core and heat pipe cooling :thumbsup:

I remember the days when using an after market cooler voided the CPU warranty! I don't overclock. I can't afford the unlocked processor. Usually, what I can afford is the least expensive model, like my Core i7 860. I use the stock cooler and it runs just fine, whether running Fallout 3 or rendering in one of my 3D CG applications.