Mod textures not showing

johnicarus

I have just started using mods in Skyrim legendary edition (not SE) but have been unable to use anything with new textures in it as they don't load; armor mods appear transparent, books appear with any pictures in mods with book are replaced with a multicolored box the the word "img?", and body mods (UNP or CBBE) do not work at all.

I have no modding experience but have played Skyrim for 3-4 years.

I I have installed SKSE and have tried using only one mod at a time.

Did you export your texture files as .DDS files? The Creation Kit only reads texture files with that image type. Go into Photoshop (requires a .DDS plugin), or GIMP (require a .DDS plugin, which can be found here: https://code.google.com/archive/p/gimp-dds/#! ) and export each of your textures as .DDS - then set those files into your file texture path.

Next Step: Open up NifSkope and load your custom .NIF file, then go to 'Options' > 'Settings' > 'Resources' > Set the file path to your copy of Skyrim or Skyrim: Special Edition (NOTE: Do NOT set the source file path to the 'Data' folder, just select the main game folder).

Next Step: Select the NiTriShape of your model in the blocklist > select 'BSShaderProperty' > then select 'BSShaderTextureSet' (if there isnt one, create one by clicking on 'Texture Set' within the Block Details tab (which is underneath your blocklist window. Set up your texture files and they should load properly.

Reload the Creation Kit, load back up your project file. The Creation Kit MUST be reloaded in order for the program to refresh your new textures.

UPDATE: My apologies, I thought you were making your own mod. I'll still leave this post here just in case anyone else has problems with their own texture mods. Sorry for the inconvenience. Take @Algebar's input.

Edited by ShadowCrosserX

Sounds rather like some basic mistake during the installation process. Maybe you installed your mods to the wrong folder or didn't install everything. CBBE and UNP work "right out of the box", if installed correctly.

So: How exactly did you try to install these mods? Nexus Mod Manager? Mod Organizer? Manually? If we knew what you did, we could give more specific advice.