wolfokami

19 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

• Hell Yes
    • No

This game BEGS for an asian overhaul dude I mean comon

-Akaviri Katana

-Dark Brotherhood(ninjas/assasins)

-Dragons(Chinese and Japanese Mythology)

If your saying it was Inspired by Japanese or Chinese descent than you sir are Daft

Sure the Game is mostly about Nords and Nordic descent but the war between the empire and the stormcloaks doesnt give off the spiritual mythology like samurai and ninja would.

Theres a certain mysticism in Asian culture that cant be properly represented in Nordic/Roman culture. In fact most magic mages and wizards were of Celtic descent, meaning Irish.

The imperials Are obviously Italian/Roman Ancestors, the Khajiit are Middle eastern Representations of Lions and Cougars. The Redguard are obviously African or Middle eastern descent.

You cant say that Asian culture doesnt belong in this game...

You are an idiot, every culture known to man is eminent in this game EXCEPT Asian culture dude. So dont say it wouldnt mix in a Nordic game

Skyrim is Obviously a mashup of cultures.

What the hell is the harm in making it from the Akaviri point of view?

Dragons have been a staple of western mythology too, seriously. In fact, we have the first ones in Sumerian myths, long before the Chinese even knew how to write, and then it spread in both directions.

In the Greek/Roman world we have a possible mention of dragons as early as frikken Homer, and at least two clear descriptions in the very beginning of the 3'rd century AD. From there we have dragon standards of the Roman army, dragons in celtic legends, etc. And since we're talking about the Norse, there's a dragon in Beowulf.

Furthermore, seriously, the dragons in Skyrim are the western idea of a dragon. Have you seen a Chinese dragon? Honestly, it doesn't have much to do with the ones in Skyrim. Japanese ones? Ooer. Seriously, those are associated with water, and don't even fly, nor have wings.

Don't get me wrong, if you want to work day and night for the next few years to turn Skyrim into Hokkaido, be my guest. I'm not going to tell you what to mod or what to play. But the argumentation that dragons are something Chinese is pretty flawed, and doubly so for the bat-winged dragons in Skyrim. Is all I'm saying.

"This game BEGS for an asian overhaul dude I mean comon

-Akaviri Katana

-Dark Brotherhood(ninjas/assasins)

-Dragons(Chinese and Japanese Mythology)"

:facepalm:

-one sword, compared to about two hundred.

-You think assassins have anything to do with Asia more than anywhere else?!

-These dragons are clearly western dragons, and contrary to popular belief, the Asians were far from the first continent to have them.