Conditions for animation trees

TheMrDomino

I've got a vexing issue. I'm working on a mod that involves killmove animations. One of the goals is to restrict certain kill moves from playing on certain types of enemies (for instance, a stab killmove animation playing when you attack a skeleton, which does no damage and leaves the skeleton invincible afterward). To do this I've added condition getiscreature != 1 (which runs on the target) to the parent of the animation tree (killmoveshortroot00, to be exact).

The problem I'm running into is that, while this works for one-handed weapons like swords and maces, it doesn't prevent the animations from playing with other types of weapons, like two-handed swords or two-handed axes (haven't had time to test with warhammers). This is particularly confusing considering the condition is added to the parent of what controls the animation from playing.

The tree looks like so:

KillMoveShortRoot00 (parent, condition applied here)

|--1HM_killmoveroot00

|--H2HKillmoveroot00

|--killmove2HWroot00 (offending animation in this child)

|--killmove2HMroot00

|--killmoveDualWieldRoot00

|--killmoveshortblade00

|--killmoveshortaxemace00

So when I'm attacking say, a skeleton, it should be failing the condition on the parent, why does it continue down and play the animation from the child anyway? Especially since the condition *does* prevent the glitch from happening with one-handed weapons, which are also a child of the same node. I spent a long time trying different conditions, thinking maybe I was using faulty logic or a conditional incorrectly. But despite all the different functions I used, the result was always the same.

I'm at a complete loss here, I'd greatly appreciate any help.

I've been plugging away at this still, but am more confused now than I was before.

The issue seems to be that conditions aren't affecting 2-handed weapons. The condition applies to and prevents inappropriate kill moves on all one-handed weapons, even when dual-wielding. But, even though they're in the same tree and underneath the same parent, the two-handed kill move still plays. I even tried applying the condition directly to the child, where the animation is specified, and it still triggered in game.

I've tried everything I can think of to fix this. I've looked in every animation tree for relevant entries, and the only place killmoves are defined are in RightAttackRoot and RightPowerAttackRoot. Is there a place I'm missing that triggers 2-handed killmoves? Is it possible that this is a bug in skyrim right now, one only present when the last-enemy kill requirement for killmoves is removed/altered?

I think I'm out of ideas here.