Cannot complete Attend Wedding

Dice42

Trying to marry Lydia and all stages work up until the 'Attend Wedding Ceremony' "quest".

I attend and the wedding starts, but when it gets to 'I give you both these rings...' and the quest should end, it doesnt. Instead I regain control of my character but the quest remains incomplete. If i talk to anyone they just congratulate me, and lydia just says 'It's our wedding day...'

If i move Mammual (sp?) follows me repeating the 'do you want to marry' question, i can always give an answer but it never completes. He just keeps following me and re-asking the question. Some people just cant take yes for an answer it seems.

Any ideas what the issue is? It was happening yesterday and I have since (having upgraded to win7 64x) reinstalled Skyrim and have minimal mods, none of which should have affected the marriage quest.

EDIT: or if anyone knows a console way of doing the marriage that would be just as good. I've tried setstage, which will bring up attend wedding as complete, but Lydia doesnt seem to get any wife options in speech

Thanks in advance

Edited by Dice42

• 4 years later...

This is one of the few conversations in the game that pressing a button to skip forward in conversation has negative results. Just listen to Maramal's speech and click once on the "Yes" for agreeing to the wedding; then let him finish without clicking again and it should be fine.