Need Deleted Object Recovery Help

Ratero

I have only recently started playing with the Creation Kit in the past few weeks. Currently I'm on the second version of my House mod and I'm finding modding quite a bit of fun. However, last night I was busy moving things around and looking at items in the Object window to see if I wanted that item in my house and I accidently deleted the object called "MineCDirtMound04.inf" with the Form ID of 00045602 in the Model space of Dungeons\Rocks\. This apparentlly wiped out all copies of this Form from my House mod. I can go to the first version of my House and use that "MineCDirtMound04.inf Form or any other mod I pull up, just not in my current House mod. When I try to use the "MineCDirtMound04.inf" in my House mod space in which it was deleted I can see the 3-D image in "View" but I receive the error "Object MineCDirtMound04.inf has been deleted" message box.

I searched the net and found a single post From "MasterExxploder117" having the same problem and was responded to by "wowtrancer" back in 20 Feb 12. I tried to do what wowtrancer suggested: "I would try a re-install or repair using steam. If it cannot repair your .esm then I suggest just deleting it, yes.. that's right... DELETE it. Or, at least, remove it from the folder, then try a repair. It should then redownload the new and complete .esm for you." I moved my "Skyrim.esm" from my "ProgramFiles (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data" folder to a different folder but when I tried to go into the game using the "Play" button Skyrim would not load up due to not having the file available. I left the "*.bsa" in the folder when I did this. I'm not sure what wowtrancer means by "then try a repair" to correct the problem.

I've tried looking at the Export function in the Creation tool while not knowing exactly what it does I could not then find another Import function that would perhaps allow me to Export what I have done so far on the House and then Import it into a fresh mod that has the missing object working properly.

I would really like not to have to start over from scratch again so if anyone has any ideas please let me know. Also keep in mind that I'm new at this and my not know exactly what you mean if you use terms commonly used by experienced modders.

Thank you in advance for any help you give.

Ratero

The item is not actually deleted. So restoring or deleting the files is not required.

It is just marked as deleted in your esp file.

- with your esp loaded, that item is removed from the game, but not the files on your HD.

Now all you have to do is remove the record that is marking it for delete from your esp.

You do this in the Details window.

Highlight your item, press the Delete key, and it will mark it as Ignored.

Next time you save your game, that record will be purged.

Here's a pic on the wiki of where to find the Details window.

• 9 years later...