Bound until death will not start

luke811

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

None of the suggestions here worked for me. I advise everyone reading this to just skip to the next quest and save yourself the hassle. I still don't get why we are able to mod our games if everything breaks anyway. f*#@ing Bethesda games always the same s#*!.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

load a save before completing the previous quest, use the console command player.placeatme 0001327A it will spawn victoria near the player... then talk to astrid to load the quest.

NO ! don't do that ! the "placeatme" commande make a copy of the npc and dosn't count for the quest.

So, i was the same problem, the quest was not starting so , like is the 2nd time a quest dosn't start i know how fix the problem :

juste open cmd in skyrim and do the command : prid with each npc will show you in your midle screen a ("198c1") for elisif BUT ! if a [D] apper it's mean the NPC is dead SO !

if a NPC is dead juste make : resurrect / moveto player / enable

Elisif the Fair (prid 198C1 )

Alexia Vici (60B2A )

Vulwulf Snow-Shod (prid 19DCB)

Vivienne Onis (prid 198D3)

Kayd (prid 198CA)

Rorlund (prid 198A5)

Pantea Ateia (prid 198CC)

Lodi (prid D5637)

Noster Eagle-Eye (prid 198BD)

and after chek each NPC, you can make a setstage db05 10, and normaly your quest will start !

next time you have a quest who don't start juste look if you have a related npc dead and resurrect it !

Hope it's help you ! good luck !

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I just had the same problem on my game of Skyrim Special Edition. The commands of type setstage / completequest / resetquest db05 had no effect. The stage remained at zero (tested with getstage), and no message appeared on the quest log.

Astrid doesn't give me this quest after completed The Silence Has Been Broken. None. Any log quest.

After having tested various hypotheses (missing string on an object or a name of quest following the update 1.5, mod conflict, parallel quests of Nazir not finished ... the cause of the bug is indeed due to a dead or deleted NPC.

Thanks olivier52000 for the list of NPCs related to this quest. It makes a damn wedding guest list. I had the two children deleted with the flag [D] because of the mod Killable Children + collision bug with Open Cities. (NPC fall through the ground and die). Fortunately, the combo prid (ID) + resurrect + moveto player works for undelete and fixing this quest.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I just had the same problem on my game of Skyrim Special Edition. The commands of type setstage / completequest / resetquest db05 had no effect. The stage remained at zero (tested with getstage), and no message appeared on the quest log.

Astrid doesn't give me this quest after completed The Silence Has Been Broken. None. Any log quest.

After having tested various hypotheses (missing string on an object or a name of quest following the update 1.5, mod conflict, parallel quests of Nazir not finished ... the cause of the bug is indeed due to a dead or deleted NPC.

Thanks olivier52000 for the list of NPCs related to this quest. It makes a damn wedding guest list. I had the two children deleted with the flag [D] because of the mod Killable Children + collision bug with Open Cities. (NPC fall through the ground and die). Fortunately, the combo prid (ID) + resurrect + moveto player works for undelete and fixing this quest.

Ignore my first question, if I had just read more clearly I would have been able to answer that myself XD Thanks for this, I appreciate it!

Edited by rika195

• 2 years later...