Bug: Disappearing Object (Cliff)

M3rvin

I'm working on a little house mod and something started to really annoy me:

I edited the small "island" at the waterfall by increasing its size with land (landscape editing) and rocks (static objects). But one of these rocks (RockCliff05FallForestGrass01) doesn't show up in-game. It's not invisible, it's just not there as if I never added it. But when I load the mod with the CK, the cliff exists, thus it should be saved in the esp. I even compared the "stats" (like "Is full LOD", "Respawns") with the not disappearing cliff to the right and they're completely the same.

The strange thing is that just this one object is bugged. In case that this matters, the edited cell(s) are around 26, -13 (the same location as Dragon Falls Manor)

I attached 2 images to show the disappearing cliff.

it's also not a 100% fix and will slightly decrease performance whenever someone is outside anywhere in tamriel with your mod enabled. It will still often disappear. It's a bug we can't do much about on this end. It has something to do with being larger than like... 1400 units or vectors or something. A problem with the game/editor engine. I've always wondered if someone could chop some of the things like this up below the minimum for modders to use till fix. You know, still aligned on a 64x64 grid so we can easily match them up. Unfortunately it's just something to live with. Sometimes converting a finished mod into a .esm helps, but that's also not perfect.

Actually, what I did at first was simply turn it on for all my objects on the outside. But eventually, there got so many that things didn't show up anyways. I finally went through and unclicked Full LOD and all my objects are showing up now. I think what was happening is I was overstepping my memory bounds for textures or whatever, and the game engine decided to cut the newest and biggest ones out. But once I unclicked Full LOD everything started working right......at least for now.