New Vendor Container doesnt work

herman112

Hey guys and girls,

My problem isnt that difficult to explain. I want to add a new item (a custom item) to the sell list of Chet ( the vendor in Goodspring ) and I have used the GECK tutorial to do so. This is what ive done:

1) copy from an existing vendorcontainer

2) gave it a new ID, removed all items in it and only added my own item

3) I removed the check for respawn (my item can only be bought once) and i created a new form

4) I added the box to the vendorcell and gave it a reference, Persistent Reference box was checked and I made Chet the NPC owner

I went ingame, loaded a save, waited in ANOTHER cell for 3,4 and 5 days (tried several times) but no item....! :wallbash:

-- I've also read on this forums that you can just trow the item in the general store itself and just make Chet the owner of the item, and the item would be added in his store list.. well thats not true, tried that too, didnt work...

I really need to get this to work because its almost the backbone of my mod, and if this is going to work more items will be added in the future (also only bought once)...

Can somebody please give me a detailed description (maybe with pictures or a youtube vid) on how to do this step by step ?? the things that GECK tutorial explains isnt working for me...

hope somebody can help me. :unsure:

Edited by herman112

4) I added the box to the vendorcell and gave it a reference, Persistent Reference box was checked and I made Chet the NPC owner

Delete the box from vendorcell, and add it to GSGeneralStore somewhere in limbo with the Persistent Reference box checked and Chet as the owner. The contents should be immediately available when you trade with Chet.

No, I do not know why the GECK tutorial version did not work.

Edited by viennacalling