CTD on Fast Travel (1.5.24 patch)

ClericMagnus

I've been playing Skyrim without issue (aside from the need to update my graphics once) and now, suddenly, whenever I fast travel to or make a cell transition (enter a building) immediately after fast travel, my game CTDs.

I have no other CTDs. At all. I can run around, do dungeons, do ANYTHING for as long as I want, except this. It's making for an interestingly hardcore game sans fast travel, but it's starting to piss me off.

Yes, I have mods, yes, I use NMM and yes I have steam mods. I dont have any performance enhancing mods or graphical mods anymore, as I took them all off to play test the issue. And it's still crashing me out after or during fast travel.

I was just reading a thread on this same issue. I was having a problem with Whiterun. Every time I went there I was getting a ctd. I tried turning off multiple of my mods and found that the ones that i was using in relation to my house was the problem. That seems to be the running problem lately with everyone as well. Looks like 1.5 is having compatability issues with any mod that adjusts player homes.

Oh, and here's the hysterical part: carriages don't seem to count. So basically, I'm playing it Morrowind style, taking the carriages like Silt Striders. I also have a steam mod that adds them to the towns, so now I just have to get back to a town or city. Soooooo wtf, Skyrim? XD

I was just reading a thread on this same issue. I was having a problem with Whiterun. Every time I went there I was getting a ctd. I tried turning off multiple of my mods and found that the ones that i was using in relation to my house was the problem. That seems to be the running problem lately with everyone as well. Looks like 1.5 is having compatability issues with any mod that adjusts player homes.

Ok, that KIND OF makes sense...from some of the points that caused a crash. But it's EVERYWHERE. Solitude, Whiterun, Riften, random points throughout the game...

I was reading about a mod that connects all the houses together to another centralized house. I'm not sure if its related to anything like that, but I do know everyone is having this problem and when they take away mods of any and all kinds involving player owned homes, the problem ends. I know mine did.

I was reading about a mod that connects all the houses together to another centralized house. I'm not sure if its related to anything like that, but I do know everyone is having this problem and when they take away mods of any and all kinds involving player owned homes, the problem ends. I know mine did.

Hm. I tried removing all my house mods and it didnt seem to do anything. It...might be my "Unlimited Bookshelves" mod...dunno why that would cause a massive crash like that, but it's worth a try.

Im going to try getting rid of the mods again. To what extent did you get rid of your "house mods?" Did you include stuff that editted exterior textures or just the mods that added player designed houses?

EDIT: Didn't help. I removed all the mods that changed current housing interiors and added new houses and I still crash at cities.

Edited by ClericMagnus