NPC respawn question

Carreau

That seems really bizarre, I've not seen actors spawn at the location of their death in vanilla.

What's the scope of this mod? To automatically move and kill actors so that player can grab all the loot?

The scope isn't to automatically kill a mob. The method is done to hide the actor while other stuff is happening on screen. Since the mob can die while in the holding area, the loot was moved to a central holding so the player wouldn't lose the loot.

And my experience has been in vanilla that actors will respawn at their point of death. So if I kite a mob a ways away from their original area, they'll respawn where they were killed. That's been the way I've seen it work for the most part. But my patch seems to be working so far, so the Commonwealth won't be so empty from here on out.

Fair enough. Not sure what to say about that. I have previously tested placed ActorBase with an enabled marker and reset every game hour after death, and they spawned in the same location. Apart from that I have a number of cells in my game that are affected by cell reset and actors there respawn at the same location.

I will keep an eye out for said behaviour in future though. Can't say it surprises me with everything else going on with npcs as it is ;)