bUseCombinedObjects=0 conflicts

Sycis

I've come to learn that whenever a Mod had directed me to use bUseCombinedObjects=0 within the .ini files I suddenly lose the ability to place objects within settlements on the floors.

I can typically remove the bUseCombinedObjects=0 line to be able to place objects on prebuilt floors such as within houses in Starlight Drive In, Boat House, and even the Castle. However in doing so I lose the ability to use Mods Like CommonWealth Conifers Redux or anything like it that adds to the games world.

Now I know that I can build a settlement with the line removed then go ahead and re-enable it after I'm done building within the settlements. But I was curious to as if anyone else has experienced this issue, and if so, is there a way to have the best of both worlds where I'm not constantly having to edit my .ini file of bUseCombinedObjects=0 to be able to place objects within pre-existing structures within my settlements.

FWIW, Commonwealth Conifers does not require that you add that awful .ini edit for it to work. It adds plenty of foliage without it. Any mod that actually requires you disable the optimization system should be avoided. I've been using Confiers along with True Grass for a while now. Zero FPS loss and the game looks amazing.

spiffysytrooper claims to have found a way around this, while keeping the same level of density in his foliage mods. I haven't directly asked how, as that sort of thing is a little over my head at the moment.

I do trust him, as his environmental mods seem to be the best made. I do understand the concept of precombined meshes though, if his method is indeed a good one, I hope the information becomes general knowledge in the community.