Water Disabling

jahnarae

I have made a small area that starts out flooded, and i used a computer terminal to disable the water. The problem is when the water is disabled, it still acts as if you still go underwater.

How do i disable the actual underwater effects? The surface is gone, but my character starts swimming when i go were it used to be.

I have made a small area that starts out flooded, and i used a computer terminal to disable the water. The problem is when the water is disabled, it still acts as if you still go underwater.

How do i disable the actual underwater effects? The surface is gone, but my character starts swimming when i go were it used to be.

So the terminal drains out the flooded room, then?

I haven't tried this before, so I don't know exactly how well it'd work. But instead of disabling the water, have you tried attaching a script to the terminal activator that simply uses setpos to move the placeable water object? Depending on how you have the cell designed, you should be able to lower the water's Z placement and be done with it. You shouldn't get an underwater effect because the water will no longer be there.

If you do it incrementally and at a controlled speed, you could even make the water appear to be draining, rather than vanishing all at once.

It didn't work. I added an X Marker to the cell way below the room and made a MoveTo script that should've moved the water. It moved the surface so i couldn't see the water but my character still acted like there was water there.

I know in the vanilla game you can drain a part of vault 34. To do this, they actually created two identical cells, one with water and one without. So just put the terminal in a separate cell, and replace the door to the flooded part with a door to the clean part.

@rotarydanimal

Your idea worked! You were also right about the no swim effect, but i put collision markers around the catwalk so you can't enter the area until the room is drained.

P.S. Is there a way to move a world space's water level? I need to drain a world space as well, but i don't know if its water can be affected like placeable water

I have never tried to move a worldspace water level. If I figure out how I will let you know.

The only way I can think of at the moment would be what "wcstorm11" suggested and make a duplicate of your mini and lower the water in the new one!