ESP Masters

Can anyone shed any light on whether there are problems with using ESP (without the ESM flag) as Master files?

I'm trying to Lorecraft-ify many mods and I want to use the existing mod as a Master ... unfortunately there are so many mods out there that are in ESP format (which really ought to be ESM, IMHO)...

So, is there any reason not to have my Lorecraft plugins using their ESP version as Master? (clearly the load order would be important)

Or should I be asking all these modders to release an ESM version?

Thanks guys

ScarabMonkey

P.S. is it me, or does Skyrim now automatically load Masters if you only tick the ESP? Seems so...

Got a good response from SomeWelshGuy over on the CK forums:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1360405-fundamental-modding-advice/page__view__findpost__p__20544743

Basically he says it's fine to use ESPs as Masters, you just need to switch the flag in them to ESM while developing, then back again - this means I don;t have to bug each and every mod writer for a new ESM version of their mod...

TESVSnipis the easiest way:

1. open the file
  2. double click on TES4
  3. tick/check the first box (ESM)
  4. press save
  5. save the file

Note that the 'save' button doesn't actually save the changes to your file, you have to use Save in the menu... and it then always makes you browse...