[LE] How Can I Share The Follower that I Made?

Ydril

Hi I made a very basic follower and when I try to share it to my brother, he can't see it.

The mod is already at the bottom.

On the follower that I made, i also used the mod for hair and hair color that I used in game.

Here's what I did.

1. Created the follower in CK (very basic, I'm still beginner)

2. Placed her in Dragonsreach inside Farengar Secret-Fire' lab

3. Saved as follower.esp

4. I then zipped the file (follower101.esp) and transferred it to my brother's pc and loaded it on Nexus

It worked on my PC where I have the CK. But it didn't work on him.

Should there be anything special or additional steps/files/etc that I should of included in zip? I only zipped the follower101.esp.

Thanks for any help.

you need the entire folder structure for the mod you created. Meshes, Textures, Facegen, etc. without those files the .esp will not do anything.

Ouch! That's really strange to me :sweat:

I did find a tutorial on how to do that but that was for a house he made. I guess it's just the same?

And to my understanding, I will include the folders where I see my files in it?

I feel like this is one hell of question to answer :laugh: I hope someone could get into details or link me to a tutorial :laugh:

Thank you for looking into my question :smile:

You may also want to have a look at the Make a Follower Kit: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81561

This is basically a premade package for female followers. You just have to customize it. I'm not saying that you have to use it - especially if you#re maybe planning to create a male follower. But the tutorial linked on the mod's page will give you a good impression what's needed to create a standalone follower.

In the end it all comes down to this: If you want to create a follower, that's usable for everyone - regardless of the mods they may or may not have installed - you will have to provide all the necessary meshes and textures with your follower mod - not only an esp.