"Alternate actors"

SirDanest

So, it seems Skyrim has a full-fledged mod that lets you fully possess others, right down to their stats and inventory, etc. (I haven't tried it yet but probably will when I invetiably roll back around to skyrim and its ever-growing modding scene again.)
So I'm wondering if such a thing is possible in Fallout 4? I've experimented with the tc console command on npcs but the camera doesn't follow the controlled npc so it's not ideal. No idea what would happen in dialogue either. ;)

• 3 months later...

I imagine this happening via a special pod that looks like a cryo-pod, with technology that transfers consciousness. Maybe it's Institute tech, or something discovered in the Wasteland that was a secret government experiment before the war. This would make it fit into the game and you could possess the desired target.

Maybe the pod has a detachable module you keep in your inventory to allow you to do this at will. Target a raider, and you can possess that raider and surprise his friends while they're eating their mole-rat stew.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a number of possibilities. Consciousness transfer, dreams, holo-programs like operation anchorage but with a radically different "body" in-game, a remote-controlled robot, etc. If you can argue with your own brain in the fallout universe, then who knows what else is possible.