NMM issues

VinnytheJackal

Since this is my first time modding a game I tried to be meticulous in watching the tutorial video and reading the instructional guides for using Nexus Mod Manager, yet after following the instructions (download using NMM, once mod downloads select it and hit "activate selected mod", lather, rinse, repeat) none of the mods show up in game. Initially I'd had some issue even getting NMM to work, but after checking the forums I realized I had to set it to run as admin first, so now I have no idea what the problem is. I've had no issues with the game itself, and most of what I've installed has been texture enhancements (Dynavision, W.A.T.E.R., Enhanced Character Edit, and some of Caliente's body mods) and none of it shows up. I'm at a loss. I'd greatly appreciate help/feedback. Thank you.

When you go to run Skyrim, on the launcher is the 'Data Files' option greyed out? If it is you need to rectify that first, seems to affect any installed mods where they simply won't show up in game.

Check you skyrimprefs.ini file in your C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\Skyrim folder, find the [Launcher] (hit ctrl-f and search for Launcher) and make sure under that section you have this line: bEnableFileSelection=1.

That needs to be there, even if you use NMM to manage your mods, adding that line in your skyrimprefs.ini file is necessary and required to run mods.