Has Skyrim stolen all our modders?

RedClairefield

No, it's true. Skyrim has taken the spotlight, and New vegas modding is in a kinda "what do we do? it's just us now" period.

This is not necessarily a bad thing, as it means (for NV newcomers like myself) that the game is complete, has matured, has become more stable, and, is in a better state than it's ever been due to mods constantly improving.

In terms of modding, the new Fallout will steal the crowd from Skyrim too. And will enjoy a glorious year or two until it is mortally wounded by Elder Scrolls 6. Which will in turn be avenged by the next Fallout. Rinse and repeat.

Edited by tizerist

I'm still here too. Skyrims' a lovely game but I lost any desire to mod it atm. I'll be busy with Project Brazil for the foreseeable future. Really extensive mods take many months or years to make and the games are being released too close together IMO.

I'm still on the FNV train. I just have a large scale project that needs a few touch ups before I feel comfortable showing it off/ looking to put together a team to finish it off. Some mods just require a lot of time. Look at how many people are behind the bigger mods, and also see how long they took to develop. Edited by avianrave

No, it's true. Skyrim has taken the spotlight, and New vegas modding is in a kinda "what do we do? it's just us now" period.

This is not necessarily a bad thing, as it means (for NV newcomers like myself) that the game is complete, has matured, has become more stable, and, is in a better state than it's ever been due to mods constantly improving.

In terms of modding, the new Fallout will steal the crowd from Skyrim too. And will enjoy a glorious year or two until it is mortally wounded by Elder Scrolls 6. Which will in turn be avenged by the next Fallout. Rinse and repeat.

^this

Anyway, I'm learning to mod myself, been modding both Skyrim and Fallout.

I like Swords AND guns, problem?