Can't reach the OK button to make new NPC in CK

QaxeIsKaze

As the title states, when I attempt to create a new NPC in the Creation Kit, the window for deciding hair color, race, inventory, etc. is too large but cannot be re-sized and has no scroll bar. The "Ok" button is of course off screen down where I cannot get to it.

I have a dual monitor setup running XP. I tried moving the NPC creation window to the screen without the Start bar to no avail. I also tried:

1. Tried just hitting Enter, no dice.

2. Tried changing resolution settings, no dice.

3. Tried "tabbing" through buttons to get to "Ok", does nothing.

Does anyone else have any ideas? I did see 1 similar topic on the forum, but didn't seem to answer the question really.

Oh cool, thanks for that link. That script will come in handy for many things!

Sadly, I can now grab the window and move it up so I can see that in fact the window stops right at the spot where you can tick options to see your new characters full body or head. ...as in, half of those options are visible and half are cut off by the edge of the window. I know there's an "OK" button somewhere, but it actually doesn't appear in the bloody window. Absolutely appalling.

Perhaps I am screwed?

Edited by Ahondara

I found that note on the wiki, it was on the page Luke mentioned, but it's larger than the one you are having trouble with.

Luckily the Tab works as normal on the Reference Alias page, or to put that another way it's just weird that the tab button is crippled on the NPC page. I just had it up trying to see if there was a another keyboard shortcut, but didn't get anywhere.

Unless you can up your res, yeah I think you're screwed :(

I also get that problem a lot on other forms but I've always been able to work around it by pressing Enter on a text field. I don't have that problem with that particular form so I just tested it now and you're right, there's something different about it. I also couldn't find a way to save/close without pressing the OK button with my mouse. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful :(

I can normally avoid this problem by using my 50 inch tv as a monitor. When that doesn't work, you can flip your sceen from landscape to portrait. It is awkward and annoying but it works. Right click your desktop and go to screen resolution, you should see a dropdown for screen orientation.