SE Amber/Madness Overhaul

NocturneNight

Greetings, just got to Crucible and talked to the smith there about Madness Ore. I found the quantity of material required for the forging to be incredibly low and am looking to increase the amounts required. For example I'd like to change it so that you need ~100 madness ore for forging a single set piece, but I don't know how to. I've been looking at the merchant in the CS, but can't figure out how to tweak the values.

You'd need to tweak the Global Variables that start with SE30Pieces. That will also affect the cost of Amber armor/weapons. The alternative is to create new global variables, then modify all of Cutter's topics (in quest SE30) to reference those instead of the originals.

You'd need to tweak the Global Variables that start with SE30Pieces. That will also affect the cost of Amber armor/weapons. The alternative is to create new global variables, then modify all of Cutter's topics (in quest SE30) to reference those instead of the originals.

A-ha! Yes that will probably do the trick. Seems both smiths use the same globals for getting item count? Ohwell thanks a lot!

Changing the global values had no effect.

Are you sure? The smith's dialogue options won't change, but the amount of Amber/Madness ore removed should. Try this: Change SE30PiecesSword to 1 (the default is 3), then use the console to get yourself 10 pieces of both Amber and Madness ore. Then go to each smith and see if you can get ten swords. I'll try it out, too.

Edit: Nope, didn't work for me either. Weird. I'll have to try something else.

Edited by The_Vyper

Changing the global values had no effect.

Are you sure? The smith's dialogue options won't change, but the amount of Amber/Madness ore removed should. Try this: Change SE30PiecesSword to 1 (the default is 3), then use the console to get yourself 10 pieces of both Amber and Madness ore. Then go to each smith and see if you can get ten swords. I'll try it out, too.

Edit: Nope, didn't work for me either. Weird. I'll have to try something else.

Yes, I tried that and it didn't work. It's really wierd, indeed, as that should do it...I have tried looking through the scripts, but they don't seem to have anything to do with it.

Just a guess, but maybe it has something to do with the save. It may be worth checking in game - type "show SE30PiecesSword" and see what it says. Then change it to 1 as vyper suggested, but with the console. If it is to do with the save, then that should fix it. Then again I cant be sure that even is the problem, seen as Ive never tried anything like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a guess, but maybe it has something to do with the save. It may be worth checking in game - type "show SE30PiecesSword" and see what it says. Then change it to 1 as vyper suggested, but with the console. If it is to do with the save, then that should fix it. Then again I cant be sure that even is the problem, seen as Ive never tried anything like that.

That was the problem! Thanks!