Fallout 4 Script Extender

goldenknight1

• 1 month later...

@zombiekiller360

This is a late reply but, F4SE is virus free, but be careful where you download F4SE as swell as other mods, plus with nexus if it has a green tick on the file it means its clean to download, (as of now April 3rd dont get F4SE because it has not been updated to match the current version of Fallout 4)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have no idea if this is the right place to ask for help with my problem or not, but I figured I would give it a try.

As of Fallout 4 version 1.10.106, F4SE has obviously stopped working. I went to the link https://f4se.silverlock.org and checked it out: the page EXPLICITLY STATED that the newest version of the script extender (version 0.6.11) was made for exactly Fallout 4 version 1.10.106. I used the F4SE uninstaller to uninstall the older version, then downloaded the new version using the auto install option. I restarted my computer, ran the program as administrator, everything I could possibly think to make it work.

When simply clicking the launcher, it just launches Fallout 4 normally, completely ignoring that I even launched F4SE. I tried launching as administrator, which seemed to fix the problem I was having with the previous version, but every single time it tells me I'm using 0.6.10 for F4 version 1.10.89. I uninstall again, reinstall the NEWEST version, and get the same issues. I have no idea why this is happening, and I am absolutely at my wits end. This program never works correctly when I install it, even after following all of the instructions, checking the readme, everything. I'm so sick of trying to make this work following the simplest instructions only to have it blow up in my face.

@LucidGamer137 In your Fallout4 directory, manually delete all the files that start with f4se_

Download the 7z archive version of F4SE, open it via WinRAR and doubleclick the F4se_0_06_11 folder, then select all the files and folders except for 'src' and simply drag and drop them into your Fallout4 directory.

If asked to overwrite, select 'yes',